Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Was that really a month?

Well, I successfully managed to lose track of my own blog for a full month. Initially, it was the whole Christmas giftmaking mess, but that was shortly followed by world events. Without anything "relevent" to say, I decided to keep my trap shut. (And kept it shut for a month.)

In knitting news, I recently listed the Susan Mitts pattern from my previous post on Ravelry. Half a dozen people have favorited them and, unbelievably, someone else has started their own pair. I also finished the cabled scarf I was working on. Here's a newer photo of it:
cables

I started another scarf, and just to be brave in my knitting, it's a lace pattern knit in a nylon/mohair blend. It isn't even an existing scarf pattern, but a stitch pattern: the "Openwork Leaf Pattern" from Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns. I perched it on a hat perched on a soda bottle for this photo:
Openwork Leaf scarf detail

Anyway, here's to being back in the saddle.

Links:
* Susan Mitts pattern on Ravelry
* My grey cabled scarf, which I'm calling "Pewter Bells", also on Ravelry.
* "Mohair & Lace" scarf on Ravelry
* "Openwork Leaf Pattern" on Ravelry
* Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns on Ravelry
* Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns on LibraryThing

No comments: