Monday, July 28, 2008

A Pint-Sized Sweater (and some other stuff)

Back at the beginning of June, I told you I'd gotten the yarn for my knitting circle's first-ever Knit-Along. We chose Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Baby Surprise Jacket" through a complicated (read: messy) process involving several rounds of voting on two different websites. While I don't yet have the ends woven in or the buttons sewn on, the sweater is, essentially, done. The yarn pooled nicely, don't you think?

BSJ -- done

In a week or two, we'll be starting our next knit-along. The pattern, the Foliage hat from Knitty's Fall 2007 issue, came in a close second in the voting. (The pattern was my first choice; details on why can be found in this post from late May.)

Among my other knitting updates, I'm within a row of binding off a pair of ruffled armwarmers (pictures to follow within a few days). I printed out the pattern last month, shortly before I left for Seattle, and finally got them started three weeks ago. And now, after a false start involving the wrong cast-on method and too-small needles, I'm nearly done. I'll tell you more about them when I post the photography.

No comments: